Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cote

   A cote model is one of these type of terrain pieces that fit in every historical period, while it is proper for fantasy games as well. Building of a 28mm cote does not demand a lot.
   
Cote

   Materials and tools: balsa woods, white glue, a mechanical pencil, a ruler, an eraser, a 10x10mm MDF, rocks, gel power glue, static grass, sand, brushes and colours. 

   I cut a 3x3mm square balsa wood in pieces. Seven pieces of 2cm to use them as supporters of the fence. Two of 3cm and two of 3.5cm to use them as the vertical girders of the shelter and two of 6cm as the horizontal beams. I also cut 10cm thin lanes of a 1mm balsa sheet for the fence, 2cm for the cote door and 5cm for the roof of the shelter. To glue the balsa woods I used gel power glue. It sticks hard and fast and is not absorbed by the wood as the liquid type of power glue. Below you can see all these balsa woods transforming into the cote step by step: 

Fence and shelter under construction.

Shelter is done.

Fence is done, as well.

The trough is formed out of a 5mm square balsa wood. 

I used the mechanical pencil to make the grooves of the wooden roof.

Rocks, sand, and a hayfork. "Glue 'em all"

"Black 'em all"


   I painted the woods with cork brown V843, the rocks neutral grey V992, while for painting of the soil I used burnt umber gouache. Then, I highlighted the soil with USA tan-earth V874 and after that with dark sand V847. Finally, I highlighted the rocks with white V951. The fork of the hayfork is painted gunmetal metal 72054.


   I washed everything with Army Painter strong tone and glued the static grass as the final touch!




Sheep are coming soon!

   That's it for today! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...